|Name||Municipality of Jugonovce|
|Address||Municipality of Jugonovce 1215, Republic of North Macedonia|
|Entity type||Local institution|
|Description of core activities||Historical overview
The area of Municipality of Jegunovce for long time has been inhabited and this is evidenced by a large number of items found since ancient times. There is an ongoing development of settlements expressed through numerous archaeological discoveries: necropolises, early Christian constructions, churches and so on. That witness of cultural heritage of these spaces.
The Gradishte settlement has been established since the late antiquity. To the north west of the village rises a high peak with steep parts dominating the surrounding terrain. There are remains deposits on the top with tower and protection part. According to the way of construction, it was previously protected by the north, and later the southern side. The castle had bases of irregular triangle with dimensions of 120m in the north-south direction and 50m in the north-west direction. At the foundations of the building there are fragments of pottery pots and are found coins from IV and V century.
‘Pole’ settlements from late antiquity 2.5 km. south of the village are seen remains of a larger settlement. During plugging of the fields on the surface are seen fragments of ceramic pots, broken stones and other items.
The Castles – in the small forest was established as a residence from the late antiquity. In 3 km northwest from the village, at the spillway of Livadice River in the Luboten River are rugged stone and limestone. The settlement has a dominant position towards the surroundings. Apart from the fortress wall, it is protected by the nature with steep slopes, while through the saddle on the northwest side it is connected to the mountain of Luboten.
Tumba, settlement since Roman times. In the village in the space between the Livadice and Dva Tumba are found fragments ceramic pots and construction materials. The Church Constantine and Elena a medieval church in the place Cesto dubje is located in the southeaster part of the village, it has remains of a church 18.20m long and 4.20m wide built with rugged stones and limestone
Aleksova B; 1959, 227 (B.A.)
The average settlement from Roman times. On the right side of the road that leads to the village of Leshok, in the field area there are found numerous fragments of vessels from pottery and construction material. (B.A.).
The medieval church and necropolis. According to historical sources, in the upper part of the village there was a church dedicated to St. Savior. On the surface there are large stone slabs of cemetery constructions and fragments of pottery vessels. The village is mentioned since 1455 with 10 houses.
Tomb, a Roman settlement.
Keramidnica, settlement since Roman times. In the vicinity of the railway, on its left there are numerous fragments of pottery and building materials. (S.K.)
Gradiste, settlement verified by late antiquity. To the east of the village, on the right side of the Vardar River, at the top of the high rock lie remains from the defensive bed. On the surface there are numerous fragments of pottery and building material, while the foundations of more objects are found. Aleksova B; 1959,217; Mikulçiq I.,1971 a, 466; Mikulçiq I ,TIR 66 (S:K.)
At the factory there lies a necropolis from Roman times. In the yard of the Jugohrom Metallurgical Combine, during the execution of the works in 1956, cemetery with stone slabs was discovered. One of them was found a 7-line Greek inscription and a non-standard relief scene. Namely, on the left side stands a man with his right hand raised while the left-hand man throws the victim into the fire. On the right side there is a child, and away from him, on the right are a woman and a man with a veil in his head. The plaque is preserved in the Museum of Macedonia (S.K.)
Pester, necropolis from the late Middle Ages. At 2 km north of the village, at the foot of Mount Zheden at a low height, there are sledge hammocks built of north-west oriented stone slabs. (S.K.)
Castle of Orashjes -Sobri, residence from ancient Illyrian times. It is located about 3.5 km south of the village, in a high hill (height 715) dominating the ‘Grykën e Dërvenit’. On top there are remains of foundations and protective walls of rugged stone and limestone, while in the interior are foundations of more small objects, fragments from pottery pots and scattered construction material. The coins from the 4th and 5th centuries have also been found. At the end of the castle on the northern side there are church remains and around are stone cemetery. In this fortress are found the foundations of the early Christian Basilica from the 3rd or 4th centuries and are the oldest Christian signs in the Polog Valley. Among local population this fortress is known as the Castle of Nice. Cvijiq J.,1911; Deroko A.1950;Aleksova B.1959,217;Tomoski T.1976;Krosi I,202.
Brezan’s filed a residence area from the time of late antiquity. To the west of the village in the filed of B. Nastevski, there are numerous fragments of pottery and construction materials on the surface. (S.K.)
Arbino, residence of late antiquity. At the west of the village, near the former Bistrica River, grounded objects have been discovered during the excavation of the building, while on the surface are seen numerous fragments of pottery building materials. (S.K.) Sirichino
Berce, necropolis of late ancient times. In the north of the village near the school of the village were discovered cemetery built with stone slabs. (S.K.)
Matej’s , repository of medieval coins. At the village’s edge in 1930 ??? a repository of Byzantine skyscrapers from Copper of the XII-XIII century has been discovered 163 coins are stored in the collection at the Macedonian Museum in Skopje. According to the stories of the residents at the warehouse there were more coins found in the hands of the villagers. Aleksova B; 1955, 18 (B.A.
Gradishte, a settlement from Neolithic times. In the north of the village in the direction of Rogacevo village, across the surface are seen numerous fragments of pottery and house-cleaning utensils, stone tools. (S.K.)
Cvetko’s Hill, residence of late antiquity. In the southeast of the village, on the asphalt road on a large surface, there are numerous fragments of pottery and building materials. (S.K.)
Crkvishte, church from the late Middle Ages. In the southeast of the village, a small plateau on a flat plateau is seen as a waste of a small church. Aleksova B., 1959, 217 (S.K.)
In the middle of the village, settlement and necropolis of ancient and recent times. On the periphery of the village and its west are found the foundations of more objects, on the surface are seen numerous fragments of pottery and building material vessels. (S.K.)
According to residents story they are also found graves. The village has been mentioned since 452/53 as a settlement with 36 houses. (Ismet.J-K., S.K.)